Interview for MEXT scholarship
Overseas interviews will be opened to PhD scholarship candidates for "International Special Doctoral Course for Integrated River Basin Management" in University of Yamanashi, which is selected as the "International Priority Graduate Program (PGP) -Advanced Graduate Courses for International Students-" supported by Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of Japan.
This course is managed by a world top-class research centre on water sciences, ICRE, and covers wide range of study fields required for practical resolution of region-specific water issues.
- Tentative schedule
- Place & Date:
- VNUHCM University of Science, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 14th (Mon) Nov 2016
- Kathmandu, Nepal, 26th (Mon) Dec 2016
- Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand, 28th (Wed) Dec 2016
- Interview: Presentation on research achievements and future plan for 10 min, Q&A for 20-30 min
- Number of scholarship awardees: Three
- Enrollment: October 2017 (scholarship for the next three years)
- Qualifications: (i) Master degree/equivalent, (ii) under 35 years old at the time of enrollment, (iii) GPA over 2.3 out of 3.0, (iv) experience/enthusiasm on water sciences & management
- Deadline of application: All the forms should be sent via e-mail by "28th Oct 2016"
- Electric files are OK for the 1st screening, the "original documents" needs to be submitted at the interview if you will pass the 1st screen.
- Application form 1 & 2 (Application Form 1, Application Form 2)
- Diplomas or certificates of degree (both Bachelor and Master)
- Academic transcripts (both undergraduate and graduate school)
- Documents that certify academic achievement of the last 2 year's academic period (such as GPA, placement and specific ranking)
- Master Thesis Abstract (as the attachment of application form)
- Photocopy of passport
- Score record of English test
- Curriculum vitae
- Application Form for the Interview (Supervisors)
We also welcome interviews for other scholarship or self-funded candidates.
For further information, please contact us freely.
Inquiry & Application should be sent to: coe(atmark)yamanashi.ac.jp